ThriftMyStyle for Patterned Floral Cropped Jackets this Summer

Hi everyone! How was your weekend? From heatwave Friday, it was sullen Saturday and Sunday and miserable Monday- no sun on the horizon so it's definitely back to jackets and summer scarves for the forseeable future I think!

On a thrifting trip a few weeks ago I came across a style of jacket that I really didn't think was me, but it intrigued me enough to try it on. Summer jackets in floral designs aren't my 'go to' style of jacket, but having seen what's out there, they are definitely growing on me as a style alternative to a denim, camo, quilted or kimono jacket. Here are my favourite picks of what's available at the moment, both on the High Street and designer:


Dolce & Gabbana £1860 at Net-A-Porter


Biyan, £1755 at Net-A-Porter


ASOS, £50


Jonathan Saunders, £690 at Net-A-Porter


ASOS, £55

So here is my thrifted alternative that I found at my local PDSA charity shop for £6.99. It's by River Island and is a linen cotton mix and feels much like denim. I was drawn to it as I thought it would be ideal to pair with blue, white, black or coloured denim this summer and I really liked the cropped style to it, both in the arms and the length:


It does have a slight boho vibe to it and I've already worn it a couple of times. It is one of the items that had zero hanger appeal to me but once on actually is much preferable! It goes great with skinny jeans and denim skirts and it's definitely a style of jacket that's grown on me and I'm now happy to have!

What style of jacket is on your Summer style list? Are you after something patterned or floral or are plain light colours more your style, I'd love to know!

Have a great week to you all and thanks so much to you all for your continued support and reading!