Pre Fall 2014 Designer Looks for Inspired Wearing & Potential Future Thrift Finds!

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a lovely weekend, mine involved the normal grocery shopping and catching up with housework, mingled in with a little thrift shopping and some downtime relaxing with a few good films.

Although I'm not thrifting as much as I have been used to, I love gaining inspiration from designers and what they're showing off on the catwalks season to season. 

For winter, I am currently loving denim, chunky knits, neutral knits, tailored coats and faux fur and I've found that there is a lot of inspiration from the pre fall 2014 season. My go to weekend outfit currently revolves around either a camel or black and white tweed coat or leather and faux fur paired with my favourite pair of denims- which currently jump from acid wash skinny jeans, to boyfriend jeans to faded distressed.

I am such a fan of longline tailored jackets/coats too- I have a black crepe one and am currently on the hunt for a grey one- the Michael Kors check one below is certainly a gorgeous style which would really fit into my wardrobe and mix easily with items I already have! Likewise the last coat is very reminiscent of my Tissavel coat from a few posts back which is oversized and very laidback in style.

The first chunky jumper by Chanel is a style winner for me too- I love the colours and it works perfectly with denim and this style of jumper is definitely a thrift style inspiration for me too. Likewise, Louis Vuitton is another style aspiration with the tailored coat, faux fur collar and light jeans being my type of wearable, on trend look for right now:

CHANEL




LOUIS VUITTON



MAXMARA


MICHAEL KORS




Images: Vogue.com

Have you been inspired by any designers looks-do they resonate with your own style or do you prefer to gain your style inspiration elsewhere?  It's defintely given me an idea of items that will be on my thrift list and I'll be sure to share them with you when my style hunt is successful!!

Wishing you all a really great week ahead, whatever you are upto!!