A Thrifted and Gifted Outfit Post!

Hi everyone!! Wishing you all a Happy New Year and a healthy and prosperous 2014 to us all! For me the 1 January was greeted with the worst migraine and flu like symptoms I've ever experienced and I was in bed all day and all night, I don't know what brought it on as I didn't get at all drunk on New Years Eve but I did have a couple of glasses of ginger wine which have sulphates in it and I have since read that sulphates can trigger migraines. Well I won't be drinking that ever again and thank goodness I was well enough to go to work today!

Here is an outfit from last week which features some Christmas gifted items and thrifted pieces too, both recent and from 2012.

My Christmas gifts were my Anerkjendt (Danish brand of clothing) camo beanie and my grey Hype sweatshirt, which my lovely son gave me-him working in fashion pr definitely has its perks! I so love the sweatshirt, it has a lovely warm interior and is just perfectly oversized- I love wearing my cuffs poking out of my sleeves as shown here. 


My thrifted items are the River Island wine colour skinny jeans which were from the Salvation Army last month for around £3, my faux fur Maine (Debenhams) gilet which was a jumble sale find in 2012 for £1.50 and my midnight navy blue leather Jaeger jacket which was also from Summer 2012 at a local boot sale for £2.50:


Not forgetting my trusty Primark tartan scarf that I can't live without and my Dune black leather biker ankle boots which were gifted to me in Autumn.

I also received some trainers from my son and I'm sure they will make an appearance on the blog at some point soon! I hope you've all managed to pick up some fabulous bargains in the sales this season-I actually haven't done any sales shopping as it's not near payday and also I'm really just going to thrift or buy items that are on my style hitlist to be worn and kept for a long time to come-one of them being the 'perfect' grey blazer, preferably a wool longline version to wear over skinny jeans. 

What is on your style list for this coming year? I'd love to hear what items you are currently lusting after!

Wishing you all a really good weekend whatever you get up to- I've a mound of housework to catch up on and am hoping to be near on 100% fit for a week of work from Monday!