My Weekend & Some Thrift Inspiration...It's a Man's World with Pointed Wedges

Hi everyone!! I hope you've had a great weekend, it feels like it's gone too quickly! Yesterday I managed to fit in some volunteering at my local library at a book sale and received a great stack of books to keep me going for Autumn and Winter and this was followed by a nice fish and chip supper. Today we visited a young relative in hospital who thankfully seems to be getting better after a major operation and this was followed by a spot of retail therapy before coming home for a lovely roast dinner.


My 'new to me' stack!

Sunday's outfit was a new chunky knit that my son kindly gave me (I nicked it!) this Summer that he was gifted. It is amazingly similar to the Acne Clissold sweater but my one is by Danish brand Le Fix, who produced this in their Spring/Summer 2012 collection:


I paired it with my men's boyfriend PRPS jeans and to add some femininity, I wore my black Jasper Conran court wedges- I don't wear these often enough as they are fairly high, but I love the toe cleavage on them and they are nice and pointy!


The knit has a 'bobbly' leopard style design and I love the additional features on the shoulder and the elbow pads. It's really cosy and a perfect addition for my winter wardrobe:



All I needed was my grey faux fur Maine (Debenhams) thrifted gilet over the top and I was set for the day without having to wear a jacket. 

I'll be sharing my weekend goodies in a future post- they are both leopardprint but I do need to get moving on listing my pile of 'to sell' things on ebay to compensate for my new buys!

Wishing you all a great week ahead and I'll be linking this post to the lovely Claire Justine for Creative Monday and to fabulous Patti at NotDeadyetStyle for Visible Mondays-I hope you get a chance to check out these wonderful blogs!!