Downtime Casual in Gant, Zara & Primark- 3 Shades of Claret

Hi everyone! I hope you are all having a great week so far. With half term finished, my household routine can get back to normal and my days are now consumed with general housework, working at the library and if there is time spare, then of course blogging and some thrift shopping thrown in for good measure!

Yesterday saw a day where I was in more than I was out so a casual approach was called for. I am not really a jogger or trackie bottom wearer so on days which feature housework and lounging duties, I'm generally in jeggings or jeans. A couple of weeks ago whilst in Primark window shopping for scarves as I do, they had a basket of dark claret jeggings for just a fiver. I'm not normally a fan of Primark jeans but as I always try things on before I buy I thought I'd give it a shot, being that I have no jeans in this colour and the price was right! I also got a great pair of black leather gloves for under ten pounds so that shopping trip was quite successful. I'm wearing the jeggings with a thrifted Gant mens merino wool oversized sweater and my Zara chelsea boots:


This is a really relaxed and comfortable outfit and is ideal for when there is nothing much in particular happening- I really love mens knits as they tend to be really good quality and if you pick right can be worn for years to come. My Gant sweater was bought last winter and was just £3.99. It washes and wears really well and is just the ticket when you just want to chuck on something for those 'in between' weather days:



My Zara boots are being worn constantly lately- they were a boot sale find last year for only £2 and I'm letting them get a little scuffed for that 'lived in and distressed' look, so my outfit doesn't look too 'prim'. 

I don't generally dress head to toe in one colour pallette but I thought 'why not?' It makes a change to colour co-ordinating an outfit and gives a nod to the on trend colour of the season too.

Do you or plan to dress in one colour pallette? If you haven't tried it, give it a go!! Wishing you all a good week whatever you are up to!!