Thrift Inspiration......New Look Knit, Isabel Marant Style!

Hi everyone! I hope your week is going well, it's a half term week in our household and it's great not to have any early morning starts for my youngest, who relishes his late nights and late lie ins- having got his interim report just before he broke up and achieving a B grade in every subject- he has his GCSE's in eighteen months time, I'm really pleased with his progress to date and at how he is just enjoying relaxing and recharging his batteries from all the sports and academic stuff that has been on his timetable lately!  Anyhow, I am being kept busy with general household duties, my volunteering work, blogging and of course little thrift trips here and there and this suits me just fine!

Since the impending Isabel Marant/H&M collaboration was announced, I must admit to have been quite impressed with how her pieces work so effortlessly well with each other-to me, this is casual chic dressing most stylish and I really love the red/black/white pieces that add texture and a lovely pop of colour to different outfits. My favourite items from the collection are below, the longline cardi jacket, the tasseled scarf and the multi colour sweatshirt:








 I'm not sure yet whether I'm going to get an item from the collection, the scarf would be number one on my list as I'm sure it would be an excellent layering piece with all the winter coats and jackets I have, but I would like to see what the quality is like before I made it an addition to my wardrobe.

Last weeks thrifting trip was to two towns on the bus- I found nothing at all in the first town's five shops that I visited so was hoping I would do better at the next town's six shops. Well at the eleventh and last shop was where I did find a couple of items and thankfully they weren't impulse buys from frustration!!

I first found a pair of boyfriend style straight leg light wash Levi's jeans which were just the colour I've been after for a while. Just as I was approaching the till to pay I saw this New Look knit which I had to wait to try on-I nearly didn't bother as I really had enough and just wanted to get the bus home. I was pleased I waited though as it fitted perfectly and once the items were paid for I was straight on the bus homeward bound.

As you can see it's a tweed style open knit in a red/black/white colourway (sorry for the photo quality which makes the top look purply-which it isn't!) and has a scallop front:



I was drawn to the colour and it's an 'inbetween' weight-not thick and not thin, so ideal for those days where I don't need to layer up. 


Have you been inspired by the Isabel Marant/H&M collaboration and if so, what pieces are taking your interest? Will you be buying a piece or looking to adopt a similar style to what they have on offer?

Wishing you all a good week ahead-the sun is shining today and it's not too windy either- a perfect Autumnal day to enjoy-hope you do too!!