My Saturday: Covent Garden in search of Affogato!!

Hi everyone! I hope you had a lovely weekend, the weather where I am was really quite nice-Saturday seemed chillier than Sunday with yesterday being quite lovely and sunny!

Saturday saw a day out in London, covering Covent Garden and Soho in search of a good affogato, some good cuisine and a couple of fashionable treats included! After seeing an instagram of Mrs TNMA having a deliciously looking affogato (I didn't know what it was and had to google it!) I knew I just HAD to try one and wow, what a treat it was too!


Gelatorino in Covent Garden offer fabulous service and let you try before you buy- I had a mix of vanilla gelato and coffee with chocolate chips gelato, with a warm gooey hazelnut ganache and a shot of espresso, all topped off with roasted hazelnuts-what a divine mix!!


Many people were coming in simply for the gelato which was delicious of course, but I'm smitten with the affogato and will definitely have it as a treat EVERY time I visit London now, hehe!! Gelatorino is in Russell Street in the heart of theatreland and I would definitely recommend a visit there if you're in the area:


I wore my thrifted Norwegian cardi jacket-which is it's first outing and just so cosy and warm!!! Zara chelsea boots, Primark faux leather skinny jeans and my trusty black Primark cap. After my little treat we took a wander into Covent Garden and watched the street entertainment which certainly pulls in the crowds and keeps you enraptured- this daredevil was walking a tight rope and juggling knives!



I had to take a quick look into the pop up Chanel shop and had a crafty spritz of Cristalle whilst hubby got chatting to the male assistant:



After having a general browse which included a pop into Zara and a treat for me which I'll show in my next post we then decided to go and have something to eat and were welcomed in to Turkish restaurant Sofra where we enjoyed their healthy menu of mezes and lamb tagine- so very fresh, tasty and delicious and very reasonably priced too:


 I totally forgot to take a picture of my meal but the refreshing mint and lemon tea afterwards was a really lovely way to finish the meal and I knew we would have to take a long stroll to let the meal settle!


After leaving the restaurant we took a wander towards Soho's trendy boutiques and hubby treated himself to a new top. It was then we decided to take a walk back to Holborn where we'd parked the car (free parking from 1.30 Saturday to 8.30 Monday morning) and only 5-10 minutes walk from Covent Garden. There is nothing worse than bringing your car into London and getting stuck in the traffic so we research the best free places to park when we come into London now.


I'm linking this post to the lovely Patti at Not Dead Yet Style for Visible Monday and the gorgeous Claire Justine for her Creative Monday blog hop.

Wishing all a really good week ahead!