Dope Plaid Shirt, My New to Me Autumn Shirt

Hi everyone!! I hope you all had a good weekend, I'm trying my best to have a semi self imposed shopping ban in that I've thrifted (and bought) quite a few items over this month and now it's come to  the end of the month I'd like to start wearing all my new and existing items that I have in my Autumnal wardrobe.

The shirt that I am wearing below is 'new to me'. My eldest son is not only a freelance photographer he also works full time in a London men's PR fashion company, so does come home every now and then with new items for his own wardrobe. He actually brought this shirt home earlier on in the year and when I realised it would be ideal to have a flannel plaid shirt for the coming season I decided to swipe it and put it in my wardrobe!!


The shirt is by a Los Angeles street wear brand called Dope Couture and is in red and black brushed 
cotton, perfect for wearing by itself or as a layering piece over tees and under jackets. I'm wearing the shirt with my trusty All Saint's boyfriend style skinny jeans, claret Zara chelsea boots and a black Primark tee:


To be perfectly honest, although plaid, check and tartan are totally on trend for this season, I doubt if I would have gone and bought an item in these- I like the trend, but don't love it. For me the best way to adopt this trend was to 'steal' the look from the nearest men's wardrobe and as myself and my eldest are pretty much the same size, I dipped into his!!

Do you borrow items from the men in your life's wardrobes? Some items are ideal to 'borrow or steal' to create a different stylish look- a cosy wool knit is a great piece to have and is perfect with skinny jeans or faux leather leggings!

Wishing you all a great week ahead!