Outfit Post-Tales of Childhood, Spanish Espadrilles and an Egyptian Tunic

Hi everyone! I hope you are all having a lovely week so far, time during the summer holidays seems to be whizzing by and it's great how the weather is still so lovely with the sun shining and making me feel so cheery!!

When I was little, I had a neighbour who was a couple of years older than me and she had bought for her a pair of red espadrille sandals-wow, was I impressed at how the laces did up around the ankles and the legs and she looked so cool in hers. When my best friend in primary school also got a pair I did so so want a pair but unfortunately for me as a girl it was not meant to be.

At the boot sale a few Saturdays ago was sandal heaven- I bagged three as new pairs for a total of £7.50 from different sellers and one of them was these lovely yellow Spanish espadrilles, which have a leather lining and the traditional rope wedge heel-tying up the laces around my legs brought back all those girly memories of the espadrilles! My pair were just £2.50 and wearing them all day yesterday was comfort heaven too:


I  love the bright yellow colour-wearing them with darker and neutral colours really put a zing into my outfit in general:


Another item I thrifted last month was this crisp white cotton tunic blouse which was from my local Sue Ryder charity shop for £3.99. I love the embroidery-it looks like it could have been done by hand. The length and cut of the blouse is perfect for Summer and the label is in Arabic and English- 100% cotton, made in Egypt:


My trousers are skinny jeans from TU at Sainsburys and I bought these in the January sales for just £9-they have a slight animal embossed print pattern and the colour of them means they can be worn all year round too.  They are a tiny bit snug on the waist though- I really need to get an exercise regime sorted out, but it's just not happening at the moment, hehe!!


Do you have any childhood fashion memories that you've now been able to wear as an adult?

Have a great week everyone!!