MyStyle of Spring Jacket

With Spring hopefully not on the too distant horizon I wanted to pick a new Spring jacket and have been checking out the charity shops, the high street and online for some inspiring picks. My first choice is a biker jacket-I have plenty of  other different styles already in my wardrobe and I wanted to choose something that was not too lightweight and would be ideal for the temperamental weather we constantly experience. Here are the jackets that inspired my choice, these are from Net-A-Porter:




















So after checking alternatives in my price range I plumped for this cream Melton wool mix biker jacket by River Island.  I was in luck as it was the last one on the website and in my size too. It also helped that it was half price from £70 and when it came I noticed that the wool content is actually over 50% , very impressive for £35 and being a mix of black and cream means I can wear it with virtually anything:




It's  a great weight, warm enough to be a Spring or Autumn jacket as I have a lot of jackets already that are more suitable for Summer. It is also really well made so I think this one is a keeper. I'm really loving River Island at the moment and they have a fabulous range of Spring biker jackets online now, some in the sale and some full price- certainly there are enough of a variety of different colours, prints and materials to choose from. I also can't recommend their delivery service highly enough, they email you and text you with an hourly timeslot of when to expect your delivery and so far it's been spot on, very good indeed.

One jacket that is going back is this off white pleather jacket also from River Island-although it fits, it feels rather boxy and starchy and I'm in two minds over it. It doesn't really feel right on despite the £30 price tag and really if I'm looking to wear a Chanel style jacket this Spring then I should start wearing my lime green and yellow Chanel jacket.


The jeans however I will be keeping, a review of which I've done over at Live To Love Denim, my dedicated denim style blog-check it out if you've not visited yet!!

Wishing you all a very Happy Easter, keep warm and cosy and enjoy whatever you are up to!!